.giff 2021: [in short,] a film competition
.Giff 2021: [in short,]
a film competition
- Narrative Cinema
- Experimental Cinema
WHO CAN JOIN?
- Open to all Filipino directors from the Philippines and abroad, 18 years old and above.
- Not yet credited as a director on more than two (2) mainstream or independent, digital or theatrical, full length features.
The filmmaker can only submit a maximum of two (2) finished short films per category.
However only one (1) short film can be selected per filmmaker.
The filmmaker must be able to comply with the festival schedule.
ENTRY GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
- Films or images can be shot using different recording devices such as mobile phone camera, professional camera,sports/action camera, etc.
- Entries must not have PREMIERED BEFORE JANUARY 1, 2020. This includes thesis films and class projects that have been screened in schools.
- Short films must be UNDER 25 MINUTES, inclusive of the opening and closing credits.
- Dialogue should be primarily in Filipino or any Philippine dialect but must have appropriate English subtitles.
- Revised versions of a film, or a film re-submitted under a different title will be disqualified.
- Music, literature, and artworks used in any entry must be original, licensed, or belong to the public domain. Supporting documentation should be submitted along with the application form if the film includes copyrighted material.
- Submit a private link to your film secured with a password. Please attach it in the link below to be submitted on or before 23 June 2021. Other assets of your film like the official poster, artcards and other assets will be requested from you separately if you qualify as a finalist.
- Name your files with this format: giff_category_TITLE_, giff_TITLE_poster_
FOR INITIAL SUBMISSION
- Films to be submitted under the Narrative, Documentary, and Experimental Cinema Category must be in a landscape format of 720 up to max of 1080 .mp4.
IF YOU GET CHOSEN AS FINALIST
- Finalists must re-submit films in a format of 10-bit pro-res .mp4.
SEMI-FINALIST: OFFICIAL SELECTION
- Thirty-six (36) films will be shortlisted, with twelve (12) films per category.
FINALIST: OFFICIAL COMPETITION
Eighteen (18) films will officially be part of the National Short Film Competition, with six (6) finalists per category.
Announcement of winners will be on the festival week and their short films will have virtual screenings at the event.
The finalists will be screened for free on a digital platform determined by the festival committee.
Among these shortlisted films, there will only be one Best Film winner of Php 50,000 pesos per category. The rest of the finalists may get the following special awards:
- Audience Choice
- Online voting will be done through giff.ph website
- Jury Prize
- Best Director